Smart Start: Read and Write, Grade K
The kindergarten Smart Start: Read and Write workbook helps your child connect letters to beginning and ending sounds, print upper- and lowercase letters, read simple sentences, and practice story comprehension skills
- Accelerate your child’s reading progress: 20 easy-to-follow weekly lessons build alphabet awareness and develop reading readiness skills.
- Creative and fun lessons: Keep your child entertained while learning.
- Reward stickers: Motivate your child to complete the activities.
- Audio stories: Provide an option to listen to the audio story with your child.
Every themed unit follows a similar format and includes:
- Alphabet stories: Focus on one letter sound and alphabet character and include an audio read-aloud option.
- Listen for It! activities: Focus on identifying beginning and ending letter sounds.
- Read It! activities: Provide reading practice around the sound of the week and reading simple sentences.
- Let’s Review! activities: This simple review activity helps you evaluate your child’s understanding of each alphabet letter and beginning sound.
- I Know It! activities: Provides review activities that practice beginning and ending sounds, writing letters, and reading simple sentences.
- Beginning and Ending Sound Game! activities: This fun card game helps your child match beginning and ending sounds.
- Writing uppercase and lowercase letters and beginning words
- Identifying beginning and ending sounds
- Visual discrimination
- Following directions
- Fine motor skills
Publisher: Wiz Kids